A Man Shocked His Parents When He Arrived To Their Home After Losing 130 lbs Weight

Friday, January 10, 2014

This past Christmas the parents of a young man got a gift they never expected. Lucas Irwin, 25, showed up at his parents home a year later losing 130 pounds in the period. He weighed 300 pounds when they last saw him. 

This photo was taken on April 5, 2012 when Lucas Irwin weighed 300 pounds 
Thanks dailymail

A year long diet did the trick and this is how he looks today
Thanks dailymail

His stepmother, Susan Irwin says ‘Just picturing it in my mind again, it brings back tears to my eyes again,’ ‘I am so proud of him.’
Lucas says that he felt shivers before meeting his parents.

This was the moment when Irwin surprised his parents after walking down the stairs. They can be seen shocked here at the first glimpse of their son, who was 130 pounds heavier just a year ago.
Thanks dailymail

His father, Jeff Irwin, and his step-mother, Susan, were very proud of their son’s transformation.
Thanks dailymail

‘I only go home once or twice a year, usually once in the summer, once for Christmas,’ he said. ‘And I made up an excuse not to go home over the summer just so they wouldn't see me.’

Irwin had followed a strict diet regime. He even kept a diary to write everything that he ate for the entire year.

He said the change in diet alone had made him lost 95 per cent of his weight loss.

Irwin ate healthy food and lost 130 pounds in a year.
Thanks dailymail

Irwin reduced his calorie intake to just 1,350 per day. He only started exercising after seven or eight months had passed. The internet also led a helping hand to Irwin as Reddit ‘LoseIt’community was very helpful in his endeavor.
Thanks dailymail

During his diet, Irwin was only eating healthy foods.
Thanks dailymail

Irwin had to struggle with his weight all his life.
Thanks dailymail

 ‘I only ate 1,350 calories a day. I didn't exercise at all until maybe seven or eight months in.’
‘It’s something that I have struggled with all my life. So I started December the 28th of 2012 and just went for a year.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Most viewed Posts